Wicked in Your Arms - Sophie Jordan Oh Sophie Jordan, you enamored me with Firelight and steamed up my nights with Wicked in Your Arms. It’s been quite a long time since I read a romance and when this one showed up on my doorstep I did a little happy dance. I knew I loved Jordan’s teen writing and I couldn’t wait to see how her prose was used in the romance genre.

Sevastian seems to be a foppish prat, concerned only with finding a well bred girl to marry and bed down with heirs for his kingdom. It is after all his duty. Grier is as much a feminist as her time period allows, when she first encounters Sev she dislikes him immediately, enough to pour a glass of lemon water over his head. It was quite the satisfying scene.

As the book progresses we learn that Sev isn’t as douchebaggy as it seems. He is in quite a rough position being the son who was never supposed to inherit the kingdom and he just came off of a long war campaign. Still no matter how much he cares for/ is entertained by Grier the fact remains she may have the money but not the breeding.

Grier and Sev part ways knowing they can never be together until the unthinkable happens and they both have to decide which road they will take and if they both will defy the constraints of society and try to be together.

Wicked in Your Arms is lush, full of peerage and courtly mannerisms and is a very satisfying read.