Divergent  - Veronica Roth Divergent is one of those books that grabs you by the shoulders, and holds you down and doesn’t let you go until the last page. Even then you will be hungry for more, the ending for this phenomenal debut leaves you panting in anticipation for book two.

I am just going to be straight up with you. This book has replaced the hole in my heart that was left when the Hunger Games Series came to an end, and Tris has far more of my allegiance than Katniss ever did after book one. Tris is smart, and scared of her situation. She feels things on a macro level and as the reader you get to experience so much through her eyes.

It’s really debatable which camp I wanted to bed down with for life, but I think at least in spirit we should all strive to be Dauntless . The Dauntless motto should ring true for all of us in this life. Be strong, be brave and do whatever you have to in order to survive!

I truly believe that Divergent is one of the best dystopic books I have ever read. It is high concept, it grabs you and rushes you through to the finish, the side characters are well fleshed out. The plot is tight, I cannot say enough good things about this book and I am extremely excited for it’s release in May.

Veronica Roth is an author to watch. Her style is informative but yet casual, simplistic in form while giving you the extreme amounts of meta data needed to fully enjoy the setting. The big reveals were fascinating and I saw none of them coming.

This book is important, I believe it is a genre-buster, and brings a refresh to a sub-genre that is getting over populated with the same old story and vibe. Tris is a hero rival to any dystopic lead. I genuinely believe you will fall in love with her and her plight.