The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold To be quite honest I had never heard of this book until I saw the trailer linked from Twitter in reference to the moving coming out next month. After watching the trailer I said to myself “wow that had to have been a book first”, a little tiny search on Yahoo brought up a plethora of results and I am happy to say that Sebold’s book is the second I purchased on my Sony Pocket Reader. I tore through this book in a day, staying up into the night to finish it. It brought me out of my funk of not reading after having the baby and put me back on track. I am so happy to have read the book before watching the movie.

The story follows fourteen year old Susie Salmon from her after life as she deals with her rape and brutal murder. She resents being killed and wishes her murder to be brought to justice. She also wishes to relive her first kiss and have many more, she wishes of course to have grown up. We watch her family crumble under the pressure of having a child murdered, her school friends grow up without her. How everything evolves except for Susie who is stuck just watching waiting for her murder to be captured.

This is a lovely story that will keep you on the edge of your seat, and will also make sure you lose some sleep due to the fact you cannot put the book down. Don’t watch the film without buying a copy first!